KantanMT: Beginners Guide
KantanMT is simple to use, yet very powerful and flexible! By following these three simple steps you will be able to build your own KantanMT engine, optimized it for your clients, and immediately start translating their documents. Many of our clients can use their MT engine within hours of registering on our site, and can immediately experience the benefits and productivity improvements that KantanMT offers.
Step 1. Create Engine
- Go to My Engines to create a new Engine. An Engine consists of training and translation files. Training can contain a collection of bilingual TMX files that are used to build your KantanMT engine.
Click on to create a new Engine name.
- Select your source and target languages for this Engine from the drop-down combo boxes and then click on Update Engine to save your changes.
- That's it! Now you're ready to build your first KantanMT engine!
Step 2. Build your KantanMT Engine
- Bilingual TMX files are used as training data to build your KantanMT engine. The more training data you use, the better the translated output will be.
- Click on the Training tab and then click the Upload button. Browse to the location of your training data and press Upload Files to begin the upload process.
- When you have finished uploading all your training data, click on the Build KantanMT button. This will schedule a job that creates your engine using the KantanMT cloud. This is a low latency, high availability collection of clustered machines designed to build KantanMT engines.
- NOTE: Building a KantanMT engine may take several hours, depending on the amount of training data you've uploaded, so it may be a good time to put the kettle on! You can check the status of your new KantanMT engine by clicking on My Jobs.
Step 3. Translating your documents
- Once your KantanMT engine has been built, you're ready for action!
- Click on the Translation tab and click on Upload to start uploading the documents you want to translate using your new KantanMT engine.
- When you have finished uploading all your documents, click on Translate. This will schedule a job that translates your uploaded documents using your KantanMT engine.
- NOTE: You can check the status of your jobs by going to My Jobs.