What file formats are supported?
Your KantanMT engine will translate any of the following type of files. Simply upload them in the Client Data Tab and click on the Translate button.
Translation File formats
- TMX - Translation Memory Exchange format. Believe it or not, this is the most popular type of client data. Learn why by clicking here.
- TBX - Terminology Exchange Format. We don't translate these file, we use them to ensure that your terminology is blended with the output of your KantanMT engine, helping to maximize quality!
- XLIFF - Standard XLIFF document format
- TTX - SDL TRADOS Tag format (xml version)
- SDL-XLIFF - SDL Xliff format (TRADOS Studio 2011)
- TXML - WordFast Translation File Format
- DOCX - Microsoft Word Format
- ODT - OpenOffice Document Format
- XML - Generic XML documents. Email email@example.com if you want a custom parser built for your own XML documents. We've developed GENTRY to do this quickly and easily!
- DITA - Standard DITA document format
Desktop Publishing Formats
- INX - Adobe inDesign File format
- IDML - Adobe IDML File format
Web Based Formats
- HTML - Standard HTML documents used in the development of WEB content
- SVG - Scalable Vector Graphic files.
Content Management Formats
- NovaDoc - Nova document format
- MonTag XML - Montag document format
- AborText XML - XML document with AborText markup.
- TXT - Standard TXT file format (make sure they're UTF8 encoded!)
- XLSX - Microsoft Excel Formats
We are continuously adding more files to this list, so why not check back here from time to time to see if new file-formats have hatched!